Thank you for visiting yugioh.com ("Website") and/or using the Yu-Gi-Oh! Sticker Pack (“Tools”). As used in this policy, “Platforms” refers to the Website and Tools. Konami Cross Media NY, Inc. ("KCM", "we", “us” or “our”) controls the Platforms and developed them to be an enjoyable experience for visitors and users (“Users”, “you” or “your”) to view Yu-Gi-Oh! content on the Website and to use the stickers from the Tools. Your privacy is important to us.
1. Our Information Collection and Uses
You do not need to register with us in order to view most of the pages on this Website or to use the Tools. However, certain portions of our Website and services may not be accessible without your registration or your provision of certain information. From time to time, including for sweepstakes and contests, subscriptions, voluntary online research surveys, content submissions, voting and polling activities, online shopping, Report a Problem, and “refer a friend”, we may ask you for personal identifiers such as your name, email address, mailing address, and telephone number, among other things. Providing such information may be necessary for you to fully enjoy or participate in a particular activity or service offered on our Website. At times, sweepstakes or contests may be open to children under 13. Please see section 6 below regarding the privacy of children.
When you visit our Website, our servers automatically collect information that describes how you use our Website (such as which pages you visit and how long you visited the pages). Also, we use Google Analytics and receive information such as your browser type, Internet service provider, data that identifies the page you visited prior to and after your visit to our Website, your IP address and location data derived from your IP address. We also may determine what technology is available through your browser so we can serve you the most appropriate version of a page. We use this information to better understand your interests, as well as to understand the preferences of other Users. This helps us improve our website, tailor our offerings, and make Users’ visits to our Website efficient and effective.
When you email us or contact us at any of the addresses and email address provided below, we collect Information you provide, including your name, address or other contact information, the content of the request and the content of the response.
IP Address and Location-Based Information
KCM collects IP addresses for a variety of purposes, including for system administration and for tracking the number of visits to different pages on the Website and to report information to our advertisers. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to the portal through which the User connects with the Internet. When a User accesses our Website, our servers log the Users' IP address.
Like many websites, we use “cookies” to make your visit to our Website as seamless and efficient as possible. Cookies are pieces of information that our Website transfers to a User’s hard drive to recognize your computer and your preferences when you visit our Website again. A cookie also lets the computer remember if a User has registered with us, which allows us to speed up such User's future activities at our Website. Letting the cookie do the record keeping of a User’s preferences saves the User the trouble of entering information over and over again during a single visit, and helps us identify the Website features in which you have the greatest interests.
Web Beacons and Local Shared Objects
Web beacons are small pieces of code placed on a web page to track or monitor the frequency with which Users visit certain areas of our Website, the length of time they spent visiting those areas and other behavioral data. Web beacons also deliver a cookie to a User’s browser. This helps us analyze the popularity of our pages and offerings.
Local Shared Object (LSO) is similar to a cookie and is used in flash applications. The use of LSOs on our Website is limited to storing information in regards to the specific flash rich media application which sets it, such as a media player or a game.
2. Further Uses and Disclosures of Information
We also use the personal information from or about Users at times for various reasons, including:
• to deliver information, products, or content requested by Users,
• to contact Users about our programs, products, features, surveys, promotions, offerings, or other services,
• to verify access rights to access-restricted services, including for purpose of supporting digital rights management software,
• to improve our services by providing personalized content, language and location customization, and/or personalized help and instructions,
• to provide information concerning compatibility,
• to ask Users to participate in surveys about products, services, news and events
• to provide Users with news, newsletters, updates, targeted advertising, promotions, and special offers,
• to better understand how the Website is used, and understand Users’ preferences, including Platform traffic patterns and what types of content are most popular with users,
• for research and analytical purposes, which may help us tailor our Website and our products and services,
• to find appropriate advertisers,
• for other purposes specifically explained at the time we collect the information,
• to display fan art and User’s submissions on our community/fan pages (see Terms and Conditions and registration pages for fan art and community/fan page submissions).
We may disclose personally identifiable information and aggregate data about Users to the partners, licensors, parents and affiliates of KCM. We may share such information at any time to a third party in order to fulfill a service or offering on our Website, to fulfill a User’s request, to analyze preferences and behavioral patterns, and to find appropriate advertisers. Click here to visit the NAI opt-out.
Additionally, in the event that all, or substantially all, of the assets relating to of KCM are transferred or sold to another entity, all information collected by us may be transferred to the acquiring entity.
3. Information Collection and Uses by Social Platform and Social Media Plugins
Yugioh.com contains links to and integrations with social networking platforms (such as Facebook, Google Plus, Pinterest and Twitter) that will permit or require Users to register or log into their account via that social networking platform. Our Website also will permit you to use social media plugins such as the Facebook ‘Like” or Google ‘1’ buttons. When you use these social networking platforms and plugins, your username, password and other personal information about you on these services may be shared with us.
4. Hulu, Crunchyroll, Video Players and Other Services
Zype services our Users in the United States. We strongly recommend that you familiarize yourself with their policies which can be viewed at zype.com.
Hulu may also service some of our Users. We strongly recommend that you familiarize yourself with their policies which can be viewed at https://www.hulu.com/privacy.
5. Collection of Information by Third-Parties
When using our Platforms, information about you is collected by Google Analytics and third parties who assist us in collecting and analyzing information about you and other Users. We may use data collected through Google Analytics to analyze how you use our website, to measure the effectiveness of our advertising, or to play videos on our website. We strongly recommend that you familiarize yourself with the Google Analytics Policies, as follows:
Google privacy policies:
How to disable the cookies via the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on:
Also, when using our Platforms, you may encounter links to other websites or platforms -- whether it is an advertisement link, a promotion, a social networking platform, a contest, a blog or anything else. A User may arrive at one of these sites by clicking on a banner advertisement, or simply by selecting a link on our Website. Our Tools are hosted by third parties or run on the operating systems of third parties, who have their own data collection and privacy policies.
However, we do not endorse or sponsor other websites, platforms or operating systems, or the third parties who assist us in information collection and analysis. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such sites or parties, or of Facebook, Apple, Google, Microsoft, other app developers or providers, operating system providers, wireless service providers or device manufacturers. We are not responsible for the collection or use of information on these other sites or parties. KCM expressly disclaims any and all liability associated with a User's use of, and the content on, such other websites, apps, service, device or operating system.
6. “Do Not Track” Signals
Internet browsers can be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. California residents are entitled to know how we respond to “Do Not Track” browser settings under the Business & Professional Code Section 22575(b). Note, however, that there is no industry consensus as to what site and app operators should do with regard to these signals. Accordingly, we do not monitor or take action with respect to “Do Not Track” signals or other mechanisms. For more information on “Do Not Track” visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
7. Cross-Border Transfer
KCM may from time to time store and process information from or about you on servers located in countries outside your country of residence, even when we store and process the Information ourselves. In particular, if you reside in the European Economic Area, your information may be transferred to servers located in a non-EEA country where the Information may be handled in accordance with laws which may differ from those of your country. By using or visiting our Platforms, you consent to such transfer of your information.
8. Users Under the Age of 13
KCM generally does not knowingly collect or use any personally identifiable information submitted to the Website from children under the age of 13, unless KCM is offering a sweepstakes or contest open to young participants. In the event of such a sweepstakes or contest, we collect personal information from children to the extent reasonably necessary for children to participate in the sweepstakes or contest. We will not knowingly contact the child for any reason other than in connection with the sweepstakes or contest that he/she has registered for. If the child wins the contest or sweepstakes, we will contact his/her parent or legal guardian at the email address provided to us during the registration process by the child. We would then request that the parent provide additional personal information, including postal address, in order for the child to be eligible to collect the prize, if any. We may also notify the child directly one time in the event that he/she wins the sweepstakes or contest. After the sweepstakes or contest is over, and after all of the prizes have been distributed accordingly, we will then delete personal information that we collected from the child, including his/her email address, unless his/her parent or legal guardian instructs us otherwise.
9. KCM Security Policy
We strive to keep all personally identifiable information of our Users secure, and we will make reasonable efforts to ensure that any personal information collected is maintained in a secure environment. However, no data transmission over the internet is 100% safe and secure, and no information storage is impenetrable. While we strive to protect your personally identifiable information, we cannot guarantee that your information will not be unlawfully accessed or intercepted. Information that you provide to us are provided at your own risk.
If you have provided us with your email address for any reason, you can unsubscribe to e-mails sent by KCM simply by clicking on the hyperlink "unsubscribe" in the email you received from us. Additionally, you can e-mail KCM at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact KCM at 1-212-590-2100 with any problems or questions.
11. California Privacy Rights
California’s “Shine the Light” Law
If you are a California resident, you have the right to request certain information regarding our disclosure of your Information to third parties for direct marketing purposes pursuant to Section 1798.83 of California Civil Code. If you request such information, please contact us via the methods provided in section 18 below, with “California Privacy Rights” in the subject line.
California’ “Digital Online Erasure” Law
If you are a resident of California, under 18 and a registered user of our services, you may ask us to remove content or information that you have posted to the services by writing to via the methods provided in section 18 below. Please note that your request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information, as, for example, some of your content may have been reposted by another user.
California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018
Right to Access: If you are a California resident, you may submit, free of charge, but no more than twice in a 12-month period, a request, subject to our verification of your identity, for the following information:
• The specific pieces of personal information we have about you;
• The categories of personal information we collected, sold or disclosed for a business purpose about you within the preceding 12-month period;
• The categories of sources from which the personal information was collected;
• The purposes for which the information was collected or sold; and
• The categories of third parties to whom the information was sold, disclosed for a business purpose, or otherwise shared.
In some instances, we may decline to honor your request where an exception applies, such as where the disclosure of your personal information would adversely affect the rights and freedoms of another individual.
Right to Deletion: If you are a California resident, you may submit a request, subject to our verification of your identity, for us to delete personal information we have collected from you. In some instances, we may decline to honor your request where an exception applies, such as where we need to retain your personal information in order to complete a transaction with you.
Right to be Free from Discrimination: If you are a California resident, you have the right to be free from unlawful discrimination for exercising your rights under the CCPA.
Exercising Your Rights: To submit a request or for more information about how to exercise your rights, please contact us as provided in Section 18 below. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law.
Personal Information Collected, Sold or Disclosed for a Business Purpose
Categories of Personal Information:
- Identifiers: Examples: name, alias, postal address, email address, unique personal identifiers [device ID, IP address, etc.], Government ID number [SSN, driver’s license, passport, etc.]): collected, not disclosed
- Personal Information described in the California safeguards law
(Examples: name, signature, postal address, telephone number, account or policy number [banking, insurance, credit, etc.], Government ID [SSN, driver’s license, passport, etc.], physical characteristics or description, professional or employment related information, medical information, financial information, insurance information): collected, not disclosed
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or Federal law (Examples: age, gender, medical conditions, marital status): collected, not disclosed
- Commercial information (Example: purchase history): Neither collected nor disclosed
- Biometric Information: Neither collected nor disclosed
- Internet or other electronic network activity information (Examples: browsing or search history, interaction with an online service, etc.): collected, not disclosed
- Geolocation data: neither collected nor disclosed
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information: Neither collected nor disclosed
- Professional or employment-related information: neither collected nor disclosed
- Education information subject to the federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (Examples: student records and directory information): Neither collected nor disclosed
- Inferences drawn from any of the above information to create a profile: Neither collected nor disclosed
* The CCPA defines the terms “sell,” “selling” “sale,” and “sold” to include selling, renting, releasing, disclosing, disseminating, making available, transferring, or otherwise communicating a California resident’s personal information for monetary or other valuable consideration. The definition contains certain exceptions, which have been taken into account.
12. Rights of EU Data Subjects
If you are a data subject in Europe you have certain rights under data protection laws in relation to your data, including the right:
1. to access, correct, or request erasure any personal data we have collected about you through the Website;
2. to data portability and the right to restrict or object to our processing of personal data we have collected about you through the Website;
3. to ask us not to process your personal data; and
4. to request restrictions on the processing of your personal data.
We can only process requests from a user whose identity has been identified. To verify your identity, please provide your email address or URL when you make a request. For more information about how to get access to your personal data and for exercising your rights, please contact us via the methods provided in section 18 below. To view additional information about behavioral advertising and manage your preferences, you can do so by visiting: http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/.
The data controller for personal information that you provide or is collected by us is Konami Cross Media NY, Inc., 53 West 23rd Street, 11th Floor, New York, New York 10010.
13. Your Other Options
If you would like to receive a copy of information we hold about you, or believe we are holding inaccurate information about you, or would like us to delete or correct information we hold about you, you can contact us at email@example.com.
We may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your requests as soon as reasonably and commercially practicable. Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes. There also may be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records.
14. Notification of Changes
15. Your Acceptance of These Terms
Our Platforms’ content and features may be updated, reviewed, modified and supplemented. KCM reserves the right to change the information, features, products, policies, promotions, disclosures and disclaimers at any time. Please check the policy periodically for changes.
17. Information or Erasure Requests
For California residents:
For European Residents:
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or send a written request to EU Privacy Coordinator, Konami Cross Media NY, Inc., 53 West 23rd Street, 11th Floor New York, New York 10010 or call 212.590.2100.
© 2020 Konami Cross Media NY, Inc. All Rights Reserved.